Saturday, January 17, 2009 | By: Melody Joy King

Temptation and the Word

I was really blessed and encouraged by my Bible study this morning which was about the temptation of Christ and some brief and practical applications we can draw from it.....

"- Seasons of intense temptation are not indications of God's displeasure

-Satan is tenacious. Don't expect him to give up after one or two tries.

-Scripture is the most powerful tool in our fight against temptation. Don't fight back with your words. Fight back with God's!"
~Beth Moore

One of my greatest temptations is to think things that aren't true about God and things that aren't true about myself, such as that God is angry at me and doesn't want to hear from me because I struggle and fail sometimes. I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself through the Word who God is and who I am in Christ. I love the gospel and love to think on it over and over again, and this is what keeps me steady in Christ!

0 comments: