Saturday, December 31, 2011 | By: Melody Joy King

My Hopes for 2012:

I have always loved the fresh and new feeling a new year holds. The chance to start with a clean slate so to speak, to grow and change for the better. A chance to set new goals and reflect on the previous year. I think looking back and reviewing how God has increased our understanding of and love for Him and provided for us is so important as a follower of Jesus Christ. Remembering where we've come from and where God's brought us increases our faith and encourages our hearts. My goals for 2012 are simple. I like to keep things simple as it's less overwhelming. ;0)

My verses for 2012: "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." ~ Ephesians 6:19&20

My song for 2012: 'My Desire' by Jeremy Camp...

My hopes and goals for 2012:

1.) To be more aware of God's constant presence and blessings in my life and to fall more in love with Him. I want Him to blow the roof off of my limited understanding of who He is and to be in awe of Him every day and stop taking Him for granted. I want to be thinking and talking about Him and His Word more in my every day life.

2.) I want to be a better wife...to cook more, encourage more, be more patient, love better, and be less self-centered in our marriage.

3.) I want to be kinder to and take better care of this body God has given me....eat more veggies & fruit, eat less junk, exercise at least 3 days a week....take more brisk walks outside, etc. I'd also really like to run some 5K's this summer. :0)

4.) I want to be more purposeful with my time-management, spend less time on the computer and more time reading and writing notes of encouragement, etc.

5.) I want to be a better sister and a better friend, to invest more of myself in my friends and family.

Above all else I want to grow as a daughter of the the King of kings, to become more like Jesus as I continue to become the woman He wants me to be...I am very much looking forward with an expectant hope to all that God has in store for this new year!

0 comments: