Wednesday, May 28, 2008 | By: Melody Joy King

The Next Step

Well here I am......I've been wide awake since 2AM. I have been battling insomnia since last August. :-( I can't complain though because it has become a LOT less frequent since then, and the LORD has provided what i need to continue working and to make it through each day inspite of my exhaustion.

I read this today and was blessed.......

THE NEXT STEP

".......I view our spiritual journey as just taking the next step. I find that hard. I want to know the whole game plan. I want to know what roads I will be on, where they will take me, how long it will take and when it will happen. But as a follower of Christ, all I have to do is take the next step.
Some of the steps are confusing to me. They don't look as if they are leading forward, and I get frustrated and impatient. When that happens, I have to remind myself of two things: God is in control and He has promised to complete the work He began in me. He may not do that in ways that make sense to me, but I have His promise that what He began, He will finish. All I have to do is take the next step. "

Lord,
When the road ahead is dark, be my light.
When the path is rough and stony, be my guide.
When the wind is fierce and in my face,
When the world is such a barren place,
Lead me on,
Lead me on,
Lead me on,
Amen.

~Sheila Walsh ~ Gifts For Your Soul

0 comments: