Thursday, February 19, 2009 | By: Melody Joy King

Getting Out of a Pit

So I am reading another book by Beth Moore called "Looking Up When Life is Looking Down" (hence the title of my last note) and it's all about dealing with hurt and disappointment in life and about the powerful message of hope and deliverance found in Psalm 40. She boldly declares God's promise to hear your cries, to establish your feet on solid ground, and to graciously, faithfully, and lovingly provide all that you need in every circumstance of your life.
"He has put a new song in my mouth------praise to our God; Many will see and fear, and will trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:3

I was really struck by todays reading as it is the prayer of my heart...........
"When I was a little girl, God already knew the plans He had for me...just as He knew the plans He had for you. in His sovereignty, He allowed a series of wrongs to come to me that had mammoth effects on my life. For many years I reaped a whirlwind of negative consequences and added insult to injury by piling all manner of sin onto my victimization...Then one day, at the bottom of my pit, I raised my weary head, and dirty, tear streaked face to the sky. And redemption drew nigh. God knew the plans He had for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me. Plans to give me a hope and a future.......I have lived long enough to see beauty exceed the ashes and divine pleasure exceed the pain.
"Dear one, whether or not I say a word aout my past, God uses it every single day without fail. In my ministry. In friendship. In motherhood. In marriage.
Oh beloved, you keep thinking how things might have been had THAT thing not happened. But it is your wealth of experience that makes you rich. (this is the part that I love!) Spend it on hurting people. They need it so badly. If God can use child abuse and family tragedy, He can use anything. You don't have to be in full time ministry for Him to accomplish the kind of redemption I described above. People in your workplace and your neighborhood are dying for hope. Dying to know there's a future Dying to know there's a God......and that He's FOR the not against them.
Should you be willing to leave a legacy of faith, some of those lives you help will grace this earth after you're gone. Lives needing the kind of help you can give are surrounding you right now. Each one of them is worth the work.

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us to triumph in Christ, and through us dffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place." 2 Corinthians 2:14

0 comments: