Wednesday, February 18, 2009 | By: Melody Joy King

Looking Up When Life is Looking Down......

"Why so cast down, O my soul? And why so burdened within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God." ~Psalm 42:11

"Life can be excruciating. Crushing, in fact. The sheer magnitude of our worries can press down on our heads and, one inch at a time, we unknowingly descend into a pit of despair. Something so horrible can happen that we conclude we'll never be ok again. We can blow it so badly we think God would just as soon we stayed under that dirt and out of His sight. BUT if we are willing to let truth speak louder than our feelings and long enough that our feelings finally agree, we can be far more than ok. We can be delivered to a place where the air is crisp, the enemy is whipped, and the view is magnificent.
The Bible teaches that there are no lost causes; no permanent pit-dwellers except those who refuse to leave. Every person can know complete redemption in Jesus Christ, purpose for life, and fullness of joy." Beth Moore

"I waited patiently for he Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD." ~ Psalm 40:1-3

0 comments: