Tuesday, January 4, 2011 | By: Melody Joy King

Oh No He Never Lets Go!

Last night I went with my parents to take my brother Peter to the Emergency room in Danville, PA. Pete has been extremely ill since Christmas night and this was our third trip to the ER with him in just a little over a week. If I had to be honest, I was scared as we drove. Sitting up makes Pete very sick, so he decided to lay with his head in my lap and asked me to rub his head to ease the pain. The sun was shining brightly, so I held a blanket over his eyes to keep it from hurting his head even more. Any of you who know Pete know how sick he would have to be in order to do these things. He never gets sick and has a higher pain tolerance than the rest of us kids combined. I started to sing quietly about Jesus and His many promises as we drove along....more for my own comfort than for Pete's. I was trying hard not to cry, but a tear slipped down my cheek in spite of my efforts. I couldn't help but flashback to when Pete was just a newborn and we were making another trip to the ER, but that time was for my mom. I sat with him in the backseat and held his binky in his mouth while Mary Truitt drove us to the hospital in Tunkhannock. I was eleven and Pete was a week old. I was just as scared then. It hurts more than I can express to see the ones you love in so much pain. As we drove along yesterday and the words of the hymns I was singing sank into my soul...Jesus began to remind me how faithful He has been to our family over the years. As scary as that time and this time have been, He has never forgotten or forsaken us. I cried out to Him on Pete's behalf, and He comforted my soul.



I've said it before and I'll say it again, God is bigger and stronger than any circumstance we may face in this life and He never let's us go.



"'My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and the Father are one.'" ~John 10:27-29


3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Covnitkepr1 said...

Good spiritual blog.
You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower. If you put a "follow widget" on this site...I will gladly follow you as well.

Alison Treat said...

Brought tears to my eyes, Mel. Seems like your family has been through so much but it's so true that He's holding us through it all. We're still praying for Pete and all of you.